Banana Strawberry Smoothie
Make the World's Most Super-Nutritious & Delicious High-Protein, Nutrient-Dense Smoothies!
Healthy Shakes / Smoothies:
You can incorporate one or more of the MyBodySymphony.com products: Superfood Protein Mix, Superfood Macaroon Mix, P3-Paleo Pumpkin Seed Protein, P4-Peak Performance Plant Protein, Pumpkin Seed Oil, etc. into just about any of the following recipes although most were originally developed using just Superfood Protein Mix. There are literally hundreds of variations!
- To make Smoothies a blender is usually used although we have a number of people that prefer to simply mix it with a spoon or shaker bottle to keep all of the chunks intact;
- We generally use between 1/3 - 1/2 cup of mix (1/3 c for a single serving (a substantial snack) or 1/2 cup (for a meal) to 6-12+ ounces of liquid;
- Add 4-8 ice cubes;
- To boost protein further, add a scoop of P3 or P4 (P3-Paleo Pumpkin Seed Protein; P4-Peak Performance Plant Protein); you can also or alternately add a scoop of Superfood Macaroon Mix which provides quality protein and healthy fats;
- Optionally add some frozen fruit (1/2 - 1 banana, or 1/2 cup of frozen blueberries or strawberries for example) and;
- Blend for 30-45 seconds.
- Liquid options include: water, almond, coconut, or regular milk or any combination of them as you prefer.
Combine the following in a blender:
- 4-6 ice cubes;
- 8-12+ oz. of the liquid of your choice (almond or coconut mild recommended);
- 1-2 scoops of Superfood Protein + Complete Meal Mix (hereafter referred to as SFM);
- Blend and enjoy!
- Adding a serving of frozen fruit will really take it up a notch (our favorites are frozen bananas, strawberries, mango, mixed berries, and/or pineapple);
- If you'd like to increase the protein content, add a scoop of either P3 or P4;
- Want to add some protein and healthy fats? Add a scoop of Superfood Macaroon Mix;
- Want to add more EFAs? Add a tablespoon or two of Pumpkin Seed Oil.
My ultimate (daily) Smoothie:
Combine the following in a blender:
- 5-6 ice cubes;
- 1/2 - 1 frozen banana;
- 8-12+ oz. of almond or coconut milk (I use unsweetened vanilla);
- Add 1-2 scoops of Superfood Protein + Complete Meal Mix (Coconut Almond is my favorite);
- Add 1 scoop of Superfood Macaroon Mix (hereafter referred to as Mac Mix; I like both the coconut almond and chocolate and tend to alternate them);
- Add 1 scoop of Peak Performance Plant Protein (hereafter referred to as P4);
- Plus a tablespoon of Pumpkin Seed Oil (hereafter referred to as PSO) and blend.
- It tastes great just like this and you can vary the flavor based on the flavor(s) of each product you use. Or you can use either the Unflavored-Unsweetened, or Unflavored-Naturally Sweetened Mix and add flavor elements as desired.
Banana Strawberry SmoothieCombine In A The Following In A Blender
Add the following to your blender:
4-8 ice cubes;
˝ – 1 frozen banana;
˝ – 1 cup fresh or frozen strawberries (organic recommended since non-organic strawberries are among the most heavily sprayed with pesticides);
8-12+ ounces of liquid (you can use water, almond or coconut milk or several other options); we like to add liquid before the dry mix to help keep the powders from sticking to the sides of the blender;
1-2 scoops of SuperFood Protein Mix &/or Superfood Macaroon Mix depending on how substantial a meal you’d like this to be;
There are several flavors of Superfood Protein Mix that you can use which will obviously effect the flavor of the final product; There are also four different versions of Superfood Macaroon Mix which will also effect the flavor and texture of the finished product;
Optional: to boost protein content add 1 or more scoops of either P3-Paleo Pumpkin Seed Protein or P4-Peak Performance Plant Protein;
Optional if you’d like to increase the carbohydrate content, either add more fruit or add a few ounces of oats or granola;
Blend it for 30-60 seconds (it often helps to pulse it several times to get it going;.
We like our smoothies to be thick, to adjust the thickness use less or more liquid as desired;
Posted by Dr. Max MacCloud DO, ND, PhD
- Back to Recipes
- Smoothie Recipes
- Banana Blueberry Smoothie
- Banana Carrot Walnut or Pecan Smoothie
- Banana Strawberry Smoothie
- Banana Walnut or Pecan Smoothie
- Basic Smoothie
- Butterscotch Smoothie
- Caramel or Salted Caramel Smoothie
- Carrot Raisin or Cinnamon Raisin Smoothie
- Chocolate: Indulgence, Strawberry or Coconut Almond Smoothie
- Chocolate Shake / Smoothie
- Coconut Almond Smoothie
- Even More Variations
- Gingerbread Smoothie
- Mango Smoothie
- My Ultimate (Daily) Smoothie
- Peanut Butter Smoothie
- Peanut Butter or Chocolate Peanut Butter Smoothie
- Pumpkin Spice Smoothie
- Strawberry Smoothie
- Vanilla Smoothie