Even More Variations
Make the World's Most Super-Nutritious & Delicious High-Protein, Nutrient-Dense Smoothies!
Healthy Shakes / Smoothies:
You can incorporate one or more of the MyBodySymphony.com products: Superfood Protein Mix, Superfood Macaroon Mix, P3-Paleo Pumpkin Seed Protein, P4-Peak Performance Plant Protein, Pumpkin Seed Oil, etc. into just about any of the following recipes although most were originally developed using just Superfood Protein Mix. There are literally hundreds of variations!
- To make Smoothies a blender is usually used although we have a number of people that prefer to simply mix it with a spoon or shaker bottle to keep all of the chunks intact;
- We generally use between 1/3 - 1/2 cup of mix (1/3 c for a single serving (a substantial snack) or 1/2 cup (for a meal) to 6-12+ ounces of liquid;
- Add 4-8 ice cubes;
- To boost protein further, add a scoop of P3 or P4 (P3-Paleo Pumpkin Seed Protein; P4-Peak Performance Plant Protein); you can also or alternately add a scoop of Superfood Macaroon Mix which provides quality protein and healthy fats;
- Optionally add some frozen fruit (1/2 - 1 banana, or 1/2 cup of frozen blueberries or strawberries for example) and;
- Blend for 30-45 seconds.
- Liquid options include: water, almond, coconut, or regular milk or any combination of them as you prefer.
Combine the following in a blender:
- 4-6 ice cubes;
- 8-12+ oz. of the liquid of your choice (almond or coconut mild recommended);
- 1-2 scoops of Superfood Protein + Complete Meal Mix (hereafter referred to as SFM);
- Blend and enjoy!
- Adding a serving of frozen fruit will really take it up a notch (our favorites are frozen bananas, strawberries, mango, mixed berries, and/or pineapple);
- If you'd like to increase the protein content, add a scoop of either P3 or P4;
- Want to add some protein and healthy fats? Add a scoop of Superfood Macaroon Mix;
- Want to add more EFAs? Add a tablespoon or two of Pumpkin Seed Oil.
My ultimate (daily) Smoothie:
Combine the following in a blender:
- 5-6 ice cubes;
- 1/2 - 1 frozen banana;
- 8-12+ oz. of almond or coconut milk (I use unsweetened vanilla);
- Add 1-2 scoops of Superfood Protein + Complete Meal Mix (Coconut Almond is my favorite);
- Add 1 scoop of Superfood Macaroon Mix (hereafter referred to as Mac Mix; I like both the coconut almond and chocolate and tend to alternate them);
- Add 1 scoop of Peak Performance Plant Protein (hereafter referred to as P4);
- Plus a tablespoon of Pumpkin Seed Oil (hereafter referred to as PSO) and blend.
- It tastes great just like this and you can vary the flavor based on the flavor(s) of each product you use. Or you can use either the Unflavored-Unsweetened, or Unflavored-Naturally Sweetened Mix and add flavor elements as desired.
Even More VariationsSuperfood Protein Mix, Pumpkin Seed Protein, and Peak Performance Plant Protein all come in several flavors, so obviously, depending on which ones you use (or how you combine them) it adds a great deal to those variations. There�s Unsweetened-Unflavored, Naturally Sweetened-Unflavored, Chocolate, Coconut Almond, Vanilla, Caramel, Pumpkin Spice, and Gingerbread (the last three are new releases).
You can add one or more of the following ingredients as well:
Fruits (ranked from lowest to highest glycemic load): Limes, Strawberries, Apricots, Grapefruit, Lemons, Cantaloupe, Guava, Nectarines, Oranges, Pear, Watermelon, Blueberries, Peach, Plum, Apples, Pineapple, Kiwi, Mango, Cherries, Prunes, Bananas, Grapes, Figs, Dates, Raisins.
Additional Seeds: Chia, Flax, Hemp, Pumpkin, Sesame, or Sunflower (either whole or milled).
Additional Concentrated Superfoods: Dozens to choose from based on your preference. Check out our two new products: Beetroot Powder and Beets Plus Carrots, Kale & Spinach Powder (more individual and combination superfood products are in the works).
Veggies: Alfalfa sprouts, arugula, asparagus, avocado (actually a fruit), bamboo shoots, bean sprouts, beets, Bok choy, broccoli, celery, cucumber, greens (beet or collard greens, dandelion, kale, mustard turnip), lettuce (endive, escarole, romaine, or iceberg) beans, mushrooms, okra, parsley, peppers (green, red, yellow, orange, banana, jalapeno), sea veggies (dulse, kelp, wakame, etc.), snow peas, spinach, summer squash, Swiss chard, tomatoes, water chestnuts, watercress, or zucchini.
Oils: Add either the oils or cold-milled powders of any of the following to boost the EFA content: Chia, Flax, Pumpkin, or Sesame Seeds, or Avocado oils are especially good choices for those wishing to increase their intake of specific EFAs and other nutrients.
Posted by Dr. Max MacCloud DO, ND, PhD
- Back to Recipes
- Smoothie Recipes
- Banana Blueberry Smoothie
- Banana Carrot Walnut or Pecan Smoothie
- Banana Strawberry Smoothie
- Banana Walnut or Pecan Smoothie
- Basic Smoothie
- Butterscotch Smoothie
- Caramel or Salted Caramel Smoothie
- Carrot Raisin or Cinnamon Raisin Smoothie
- Chocolate: Indulgence, Strawberry or Coconut Almond Smoothie
- Chocolate Shake / Smoothie
- Coconut Almond Smoothie
- Even More Variations
- Gingerbread Smoothie
- Mango Smoothie
- My Ultimate (Daily) Smoothie
- Peanut Butter Smoothie
- Peanut Butter or Chocolate Peanut Butter Smoothie
- Pumpkin Spice Smoothie
- Strawberry Smoothie
- Vanilla Smoothie