Banana Blueberry Muffins
Make the World's Most Super-Nutritious & Delicious High-Protein, Nutrient-Dense Muffins & Cupcakes!
How to Make Muffins & Cupcakes:
- Simply use a muffin or cupcake pan for whatever size you'd like to make. We find that it works best with the small or mini-muffins or cupcakes (both due to shorter baking time and serving size). Since Superfood Muffins (or cupcakes) don't rise very much, they are pretty dense which means they are much more filling.
- Making Superfood Muffins & Cupcakes is very similar to making Superfood Bread;
- Use muffin / cupcake pans (again, the small / mini size works best) and mix up enough to fill them appropriately. The baking time will be quite a bit longer than for a bar, bite, brownie or cookie due to the increased thickness.
- Be sure to use butter, oil, or cooking spray on the pan surfaces to keep it from sticking;
- When making muffins or cupcakes in a muffin pans you really have to bake it, dehydration won't work well due to the sides of the bake pan which interfere with air flow;
- We recommend approx. 300 degrees (lower will work as well and we do prefer it when time isn't a concern; if you'd prefer a lower baking temperature, simply increase the baking time to suit the texture you'd like your finished product to be);
- Once finished baking, simply allow it to cool for at least 20 minutes;
- Of course you can add frosting to the cupcakes (since basically cupcakes are muffins with icing of some kind on top). Obviously look for and choose a healthy frosting recipe as appropriate for the flavor of the cupcakes you're making);
- Place the finished muffins or cupcakes in Zip-Lock bags or seal-tight Tupperware ?? style containers for future consumption;
- Refrigeration will help to keep them edible for about a week and a half whereas freezing will keep it fresh and edible for many months (although you'll likely eat it long before that).
Banana Blueberry MuffinsAdd and mix the following in a large mixing bowl:
Follow the above steps using the following ingredients:
2-3+ cups of SuperFood Protein Mix &/or Superfood Macaroon Mix depending on how many servings you’d like to make;
There are several flavors of Superfood Protein Mix that you can use which will obviously effect the flavor of the final Bites or Cookies; There are also four different versions of Superfood Macaroon Mix which will also effect the flavor and texture of the finished product;
Optional: to boost protein content add 1 or more scoops of either P3-Paleo Pumpkin Seed Protein or P4-Peak Performance Plant Protein;
Optional: if you want whatever you’re baking to rise a bit, you can add 1 tablespoon of Baking Powder per cup of SFM used and mix it up before adding other ingredients;
1-2 finely chopped, mashed, or blended banana;
½ – 1 cup of fresh or frozen blueberries;
Optional if you’d like to add more slow-burning carbs: ¼ – ½ cup of oats per cup of mix used (be advised that oats are not Paleo);
Mix it up and then add some water sparingly if needed (often there’s enough moisture from the bananas and carrots depending on how big they are and how many were used): add water just a few ounces at a time and mix to allow it to be absorbed; between ½ – 1 cup of water will be plenty in most cases;
The consistency should be that of a relatively thick batter, like a cake mix (see preparation videos on the website);
You may need to add a little more water (1-3 ounces), remember, it’s a lot easier to add water than it is to take it away, so add water just a tiny bit at a time, you can always add more if needed. That’s why we suggested starting with just a few ounces. The biggest mistake most people make is adding too much water which makes if very difficult to get the mix thick enough.
Place on the cookie or baking sheet and follow the general directions as outlined above.
Posted by Dr. Max MacCloud DO, ND, PhD
- Back to Recipes
- Muffin & Cupcake Recipes
- Banana-Carrot-Walnut or Banana-Carrot-Pecan Muffins
- Banana Blueberry Muffins
- Banana Strawberry Muffins
- Banana Walnut or Banana Pecan Muffins
- Butterscotch Muffins
- Carrot-Raisin or Carrot-Cinnamon-Raisin Muffins
- Carrot Banana Muffin
- Chocolate Coconut Almond Muffins
- Chocolate Muffins
- Coconut Almond Muffins
- Gingerbread Muffins
- Peanut Butter Muffins
- Pumpkin Spice Muffins
- Salted Caramel Muffins
- Vanilla Muffins