How To Make Nutritious, High Protein, Nutrient Dense Bites and Cookies
To Make Bites & Cookies:
Use standard flat cookie sheet to make both Bites & Cookies. The difference between bites and cookies is simply whether you choose to leave the scooped mix in the shape of the scoop (bites) or flatten it into a cookie. We recommend using either parchment paper or a silicon baking mat to prevent the mix from sticking to the pan thereby requiring more clean-up (alternately, coating the pan with butter, oil, or Pam ® will work also).
- Scoop approximately 1 large tablespoon-sized dollop of mixed ingredients onto the cookie sheet
- Leave it rounded to make bites or gently mash or flatten it to make a cookie. We like to use a small ice cream scoop which works very well and the mix comes out much cleaner this way.
- Preheat the oven at 300 degrees (this helps you to properly time the process so you can get it down for your over)
- Place the cookie sheets in the oven and allow to cook for approx. 8-10 minutes
- Cooking time will vary based on the ingredients used, how moist the mix is, your oven, and how you like your cookies; some people like them soft and chewy while others like them crispy
- In either event, be sure to take them out a bit before you think they are ready as they will continue to firm up as they cool off
- It will likely take a couple of times to figure out how you like them best.
Pumpkin Spice CookiesFollow the above steps using the following ingredients:
2-3+ cups of Pumpkin Spice Superfood Protein Mix;
Alternately you can use either the Naturally Sweetened-Unflavored Superfood Mix plus Cinnamon and Ginger to your taste preference or use the Unsweetened-Unflavored version plus Cinnamon and Ginger, and the sweetener of your choice; Add Cinnamon and Ginger at approx. 10% of the total Naturally Sweetened or Unsweetened Superfood Mix used in a recommended ratio of 3 to 1, adjust to your taste preference;
Optional: to boost protein content add 1 or more scoops of either P3-Paleo Pumpkin Seed Protein or P4-Peak Performance Plant Protein (obviously use the appropriate flavor of either); If Naturally Sweetened-Unflavored or Unsweetened-Unflavored are used, add the appropriate amount of additional spices;
Optional: if you want whatever you�re baking to rise a bit, you can add 1 tablespoon of Baking Powder per cup of SFM used and mix it up before adding other ingredients;
Optional but recommended: 1 � 2 shredded carrots;
Optional but recommended: 1 � 2 finely chopped, mashed, or blended bananas;
Options: Add more shredded coconut, raisins, &/or nuts if desired;
Optional if you�d like to add more slow-burning carbs: � � � cup of oats per cup of mix used (be advised that oats are not Paleo);
Add approx. 1/8 � � or more teaspoon of salt (sea salt recommended) per cup of mix used depending on your taste preference;
Mix it up and then add some water sparingly if needed (often there�s enough moisture from the bananas and carrots depending on how big they are and how many were used): add water just a few ounces at a time and mix to allow it to be absorbed; between � � 1 cup of water will be plenty in most cases;
The consistency should be that of a relatively thick batter, like a cake mix (see preparation videos on the website);
You may need to add a little more water (1-3 ounces), remember, it�s a lot easier to add water than it is to take it away, so add water just a tiny bit at a time, you can always add more if needed. That�s why we suggested starting with just a few ounces. The biggest mistake most people make is adding too much water which makes if very difficult to get the mix thick enough.
Place on the cookie or baking sheet and follow the general directions as outlined above.
- Back to Recipes
- Bite & Cookie Recipe
- Banana-Carrot-Walnut or Banana-Carrot-Pecan Cookies
- Banana Blueberry Cookies
- Banana Strawberry Cookies
- Banana Walnut or Banana Pecan Cookies
- Butterscotch Cookies
- Carrot-Raisin or Carrot-Cinnamon-Raisin Cookies
- Carrot Banana Cookies
- Chocolate Coconut Almond Cookies
- Chocolate Cookies
- Coconut Almond Cookies
- Gingerbread Cookies
- Peanut Butter Cookies
- Pumpkin Spice Cookies
- Salted Caramel Cookies
- Vanilla Cookies