Organic Cold Pressed Pumpkin Seed Oil
The Best Tasting & Most Nutritious Oil on the Planet!
Packed with essential fats, vitamins & phytonutrients (inc. Phyto-Sterols).
Cold-pressed to preserve all nutrients.Revered as a Superfood for thousands of years by Ancient Aztecs, American Indians, Greeks, & Romans.
Packed with essential fats, vitamins & phytonutrients including special Phytosterols (unique Health Benefits).
Developed by ‘The Nutrition Ninja Doc,’ Progressive Physician & Nutrition Expert Dr. Max MacCloud (DO, ND, Ph.D.).
NUMEROUS HEALTH BENEFITS!
Organic Pumpkin seed oil has a long list of reported & documented health benefits. It can be used both internally and externally on the skin and hair, is great for your overall health, your Skin, your Hair, and several other important body tissues!
REDUCED HAIR LOSS
In addition to numerous nutrients, pumpkin seed oil contains substantial amounts of two phytosterols that naturally block the formation of DHT. DHT is ‘dihydrotestosterone’, it is a breakdown product of testosterone that has some potentially negative effects on various tissues of the body when elevated. Most notably it is believed to be the primary culprit in shutting down hair follicles leading to male pattern baldness and hair loss in general. It also has a detrimental impact on the prostate gland causing it to become enlarged. This is known as BPH. (benign prostatic hyperplasia).
Consuming and applying pumpkin seed oil topically has been reported to help with both reducing hair loss (and stimulating new hair growth) and reducing the size of enlarged prostates, however, no claims are being made for such. This is simply provided for educational and informational purposes.
Pumpkin seeds have long been recognized as a major superfood for thousands of years by several different cultures such as The Ancient Egyptians, Aztecs, and American Indians. They are nutritional powerhouses packed full with a wide variety of vital nutrients. Perhaps that’s part of the reason that pumpkins have become the symbol of harvest and plenty.
Since they learned how to press the oil from seeds, pumpkin seed oil has been heralded for its unique nutritional qualities and health benefits. Modern science has now confirmed these long-held beliefs as a nutritional powerhouse with some unique and powerful health benefits:
- Vitamins A, E, K & Antioxidant Carotenoids (the carotenoids, together with the phytonutrients are what give it its rich dark color).
- Omega 6 & 9 Essential Fatty Acids (Linoleic & Oleic); While Omega 3 EFAs have gotten most of the attention over the past couple of decades, high-quality Omega 6 and 9 EFAs are also very important and essential. In general, American’s are believed to get too many Omega 6 EFAs relative to Omega 3s, however, most of them are damaged Omega 6s due to the way they are processed so they are not in their original and essential “parent” form. In spite of this, they are still counted as Omega 6 which contributes to the calculated Omega 6:3 pro-inflammatory dominance. This is a major mistake as the heat and processing are subject to cause these essential fats to be damaged and problematic vs. healthful. It is the preponderance of this damaged or altered Omega 6 EFAs that make Omega 6 EFAs appear to be creating the problem. This is, in my opinion, erroneous. So, the point is that most people fail to get sufficient high-quality, unadulterated Omega 6s as well as Omega 3s.
- Phytonutrients! This is a huge category of nutrients that we are just scratching the surface in terms of all the benefits they provide. It is in fact by far the largest category of nutrients known. Pumpkin seeds and pumpkin seed oil is packed with a wide variety of phytonutrients.
- Phytosterols! This is just one category of the many phytonutrients that pumpkin seeds contain, and account for perhaps the best know & documented benefit of pumpkin seed oil. The phytosterols Beta-Sitosterol & Delta-7-Sterine are natural DHT blockers. This is significant in that DHT (dihydrotestosterone) is a particularly active metabolite of testosterone. When elevated, DHT has been associated with Hair Loss in general, Male Pattern Baldness, and BPH (benign prostatic hypertrophy, AKA an enlarged prostate). These natural DHT blockers are why pumpkin seed oil has been used to helps these conditions for hundreds of years.*
Due to the above mentioned DHT blocking effect, PSO has been shown to reduce hair loss and enhance hair regrowth associated with Male Pattern Baldness (which in spite of the name effects men and women).*
ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTED HEALTH BENEFITS INCLUDE*:
- Anti-hypertensive – shown to lower elevated blood pressure.
- Cardio – protective – shown to protect the cardiovascular system from disease by increasing HDL, reducing LDL.
- Antioxidant – contains many synergistic free radical scavenging nutrients.
- Diuretic – the oil shows strong diuretic effects.
- Galactagogue – increases mother’s milk production
- Anti-parasitic – aids the body in killing and expelling intestinal worms.
- Anti-rheumatic – reduces inflammation via the effects of powerful essential fatty acids & antioxidants.
- Anti-insomnia – this oil may help one fall asleep faster. Not yet evaluated, but possibly because of tryptophan in the seed oil.
- Anti-inflammatory – shown to reduce inflammation all over the body.
- Antioxidant – shows powerful activity against free radicals.
- Prostate tonic – Pumpkin seed oil is one of the most powerful prostate tonics for men. It boosts the health of the prostate and protects it from benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH).
- Promotes hair health, prevents hair loss, helps to restore hair growth.
- Benefits urinary tract and kidneys – shown to improve kidney function and reduce kidney stone formation.
- Emollient & Benefits Skin Health – moisturizes & nourishes the skin.
- Anti-edema– works against fluid build-up in the body.
Ingestion Applications: All of the above!
Topical Applications: Improved Skin & Hair health, reduced Hair Loss, Increased Hair Regrowth.
*Disclaimer: These statements have not been evaluated by the Food & Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Our organic oil is cold-pressed and cold-processed using a hydraulic press instead of an expeller or screw press as most others use. This is really important to understand because expeller (screw) presses generate a great deal of heat due to friction, often getting up to well over 200 degrees Fahrenheit (although they can claim it to be cold-pressed since they aren’t ‘intentionally’ adding heat). Something that is vital to know about oils is that they are sensitive to heat, light, and oxygen. Virtually all other companies we know of (especially in the US) use expeller presses. They are very efficient at pressing oil BUT the high heat they produce is very problematic.
That amount of heat, combined with oxygen and light, definitely damages the oil. That’s why we use a Hydraulic press where the temperature never exceeds 90 degrees F. After pressing, we immediately place our oil in opaque, air-tight containers and stored in a cool location to avoid degradation. That, together with our true cold-press process means that you will get the highest quality, un-damaged oil made anywhere.
AVAILABLE IN SEVERAL SIZES: 3.4oz | 17oz
FOR EXTERNAL USE: 3.4oz with Dropper | 17oz with Pour Spout
FOR INTERNAL USE: 17oz (both with pour spout)
Disclaimer: These statements have not been evaluated by the Food & Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
*All ingredients used are kosher and Non-GMO, however, we have chosen not to bear the additional expenses of additional costly ‘certifications’ beyond our Department of Agriculture & Organic Certification processes (Organic cert. by CCOF). Our goal is to provide the highest quality products at affordable prices and focus on internal quality controls and product innovations. Being distracted by additional external ‘certification organizations’ is not compatible with those goals.